Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let it Snow....

We have had a huge storm the last 2 days.  Unmeasurable snow because of the big drifts and blowing.  Estimated around 20 inches + .  The drift on our back deck was at least 5ft.  But we were prepared and it makes Minnesota winters so much easier when you have the essentials.....

1. Snow Thrower...not Snow blower...SNOW THROWER.  Dave's boss told him soon after we moved here we should buy one and it has been the best investment we could have made to survive the winters here and save our backs.

2.  Warm boots...We purchase our family very warm boots at least to -20 degrees and Dave's are to -40 degrees.  Warm toes make warm hearts.

3. Cross Country Ski's and Sleds.  When we get lots of snow we can ski down the street to the nature center and play.  It makes the cabin fever a lot more bearable.

4.  Good hot cocoa.  Mint Chocolate, Vanilla Chocolate, Regular these are our favorites.  You can buy them in bulk at Sams club.  ESSENTIAL.

5.  Snow pants and very warm coats.  Sarah has had to walk to the bus in minus degrees many times.  I always say a little prayer and am grateful for warm down coats.

6. Down blankets and flannel sheets.  Let's just say it is hard to get out of bed in the morning.

So there's my list.  We hopefully will make it to March when we see the roads again.  Stay warm.











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of snow. Looks like you are having a lot of fun in the snow. It just isn't Christmas without lots of snow. I hope we get at least some snow on Christmas eve. Love the advent pictures. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. I also agree with your mom. It would be nice to have some more snow for Christmas. Obviously, you will have all you need.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥