Google one of our adopted goldfish has been having a very hard time staying right side up. It started on Friday. He would float on his back for small periods of time and then flip himself right side up. When D brought it to my attention I immediately diagnosed him as a dying goldfish and that he would be belly up in the morning. D wasn't as convinced and "researched" the internet for his diagnosis. He found an article on swimmers bladder. We figured this was what he did have and so we followed the instructions for helping rehabilitate Google. We put him in his own shallow bowl and gave him food. D actually cut up frozen peas and spinach for him also. Google was in need of passing the air out of his system before he would be able to turn upright again. There were times that I seriously thought Google wouldn't make it. D kept telling me he was sleeping. Anyway to make a long story short, last night D flipped Google over with a spoon and he stayed upright. This morning he is swimming him around just fine. I guess I will give him another chance.
I have felt a little bit like Google lately. It is hard for me to roll over at night or to get up from prayers. Even getting off the couch is a little hard. Every night when I come back to bed from multiple trips to the bathroom. D is there to put the blankets back over me. When we are done saying prayers he puts his hand out and helps me up. They are little simple gestures, but it makes life so much easier, when I have felt like giving up.
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and my midwife said that I am now dilated to a 1.5 and 50% effaced. So this is the beginning of the end. It feels nice. I usually have 2 to 3 contractions each night. They have gotten a little more frequent as we had a huge temperature drop over night. -15 this morning. brrrrr. My blood pressure went back up. It had been down last appointment and so I didn't have to come back for 3 weeks. Now that it is up I have to do a 24 hour urrine test and also go back in on Friday. I also have to lay on my side for 2 hours in addition to sleeping each day. I guess I will be watching a lot of Curious George, Dragon Tales, and Word World. My midwife did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was head down and we were able to see some very cute chubby cheeks.
Just 3 weeks left! 2 and 1/2 till my Mom comes!!
Sis,
ReplyDeleteDo you remember the fish I had named Albert? (Danya called him ALBRIT)well that crazy goldfish had the same sickness, I think. but he would flip over and then I would tap on the glass and he would flip the right way....He lived for quite some time actually I got him when I lived at home and then I still had him when Maison was 3 yrs old. It sounds like Google your fish will pull through. I am so excited for the little sweet Sanderson to be born. I really am excited!!! We love you so much and cant wait to see you again. Keep us posted, I love reading the blog. Kisses to all.