Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside.

Luckily all of our major shopping was done before last week. We were hit with a very cold week and lots more snow. It was the coldest from Saturday to Sunday. -45 with wind chill I think -17 without. Sarah had her piano recital on Saturday and we drove very slowly in 6 new inches of snow and very cold weather. That night they ordered all of the snowplows off the roads because it was too dangerous. BRRRRR. Church was canceled so we had a little service of our own. It consisted of coloring nativity pictures and talking about the baby Jesus. I was in charge of music time so I played primary songs on my flute and recorder and everyone sang. It was so cold we really couldn't enjoy all of the new snow. Dave went Saturday morning before it got too cold skiing down at the park, but by the next day it was way to cold to go. He has been enjoying his new bindings on his skis (Thanks Oma!).

Today it actually is 25 and it feels so warm. The Icemelt stuff is actually working a little bit. I guess this is what you get when you live here. I keep telling myself it will be worth it when we have our beautiful summers that don't get over 85. Until then lots of hot cocoa and movies.

Here are a few pictures from the week...

Sarah at her piano recital.






Celebrating Advent!


Playing in the Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ♥