
Sarah scored her first goal this week. We are so happy for her. Her team's name is The Neptunes. Sarah picked the name because they have blue shirts. The other girls liked it and so it stuck. She has learned a lot this year about good sportsmanship and teamwork.

When Sarah's Oma came to her practice this summer she said to me "Hey do you want to kick the ball around". Surprised I said "do you know how to play soccer Mom?". She looked at me like I just insulted her heritage and said "I'm German. I played soccer all of the time when I was a kid". I never knew this, but I could just picture my Mom and her brothers kicking a ball around the way Sarah and Alex do.
This past year I learned some fun family history about my ancestry from Luxembourg. My great grandfather my Opa's father was the president for 10 years of Avenir Beggen a Luxembourg soccer team. I am now a huge fan.
The Luxembourg national team isn't the best, but I am still hoping they or Germany will make it to the world cup in South Africa next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you ♥