Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camping.

We went camping this past weekend.  We planned it very carefully...because of past experiences with small children that don't fall asleep.  So we went to a state park just 30 minutes from our house.  It was a small park but we enjoyed it.   The minute we pulled in Lily was on the go.  It was humid and so the kids were instantly sweaty and stayed that way until it cooled off at night.


  The park has a nice little river that runs through the park.  We went for a hike once we got there and enjoyed looking at all of the neat mushrooms and walking across the stone bridges.  The kids loved it.  At one point on our hike Alex asked me why we were camping.  I told him "To enjoy nature" and he said "This is nature?"  I said "yep"  and then he said "I didn't know we were in nature, I thought we were still in Rochester."

We camped under the stars with the tent top open.  It was really beautiful.  Lily however had other ideas and decided to wake up at 3 am and try to wake everyone else up.  I ended up taking her in the van where she finally fell back asleep around 5 am.

We had a big breakfast of giant pancakes that Dave made and the kids loved.   It was a fun trip.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Love the comment from Alex. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is a little late. I loved looking at the pictures and reading your words to the pictures. Alex's comment is so cute. What a fun little camping trip.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥