Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mankato Weekend.

We spent the weekend in Mankato, Mn.  It is just a couple hours west of us.  Dave ran the first ever Mankato Marathon.  He did really well, but didn't make his goal time of under 3 hours.  He did however beat his personal best by 2 minutes.  We think he did awesome.  He said it was a hard race and the hills were tough at the end.  When he compared his split times he could see that he had slowed down a lot at the end.  He "hit the wall" so to speak, but his slowest mile was still an 8 minute mile pace (his average pace was 7:01).  He got 15th overall out of 577 that ran the marathon and 5th in his age group of 30-39.

We had a really fun weekend.  It was just nice to be together and enjoy doing something as a family.

Here are some pictures and video of our weekend.



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great race David. I am so happy you can run and enjoy it. It must come from all those times I read you the story of the gingerbread man - "run, run, run."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've heard Tauna yell, "Yay woo! Good job, Dave!" about 10 times. We can't get enough of this video! Sam keeps replaying it. :)

    But hey, we'll add our congratulations! Yay! Woo! Good job, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to remember next time to not yell as I am video taping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that 30 times. Catherine got ahold of the mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of our family videos were taken by me, so most of them have lots of my voice on them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥