Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter.

We have had a wonderful Easter weekend.  We went yesterday to an easter egg hunt at our friends the Barlow's house.  We have gone most years we have lived here and the kids love it.  One year we even went with 12 inches of snow.  This year the weather was wonderful.  The kids loved running around and finding lots of eggs.  (And, yes Lily is wearing a Nascar hat.  We couldn't talk her out of it.)





Sunday after Church we had our own hunt in the backyard.  The weather was gorgeous. Each of the kids got a little toy with their name on it and lots of candy. 







I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I feel like on Easter we truly should celebrate the wonderful gift Jesus gave of his live, atonement, death, and resurrection.  After a long Minnesota winter it always seems like a miracle to me when my plants come back to life.  I am sure it is just a small taste of what it will be like when we are with all of our loved ones again whole and resurrected.  What a wonderful and miraculous gift. It makes me want to start new again and try to be better.

I hope each of you had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of the Easter Egg Hunt. Utah roses have some kind of problem and of our 10 roses we have some that are black and may not grow back. The experts are saying to cut them back to 12" and wait. If nothing grows we will have to dig them up and throw them out. We do have lilacs starting to leaf out and forsythia blooming like crazy. I have mowed the lawn once and it had grown under the pine tree to almost a foot tall!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥