Friday, January 8, 2010

Jackson Street Roundhouse

On Wednesday we picked up Grandma Venna from the Airport.  She came to experience a true Minnesota winter with us for a week.  :)



We stopped at the Jackson Street Roundhouse, part of the Minnesota Transportation Museum.  We had a very fun time.  We all loved looking inside the trains and learning a little bit about Minnesota History.  The Museum was inside an old roundhouse with lots of big historical engines and cars inside.  A little boys' (and secretly his mommies) dream.



 

While we were there Sarah and Alex saw a typewriter for the first time.  It made me feel very old.  Wow, this thing works without electricity.....cool.



It has been fun having Grandma here. Tonight we had a bowling tournament and a rousing game of Apples to Apples (Grandmas favorite game).

It has been very cold.  Today it actually warmed up to 6 degrees so we went out and did a little shopping.  I will try to post more pictures soon.  We are thinking of skiing and the Nature Center tomorrow...if it is warm enough.

2 comments:

  1. The typewriter story is good. We have "Clickety Clack Moo: Cows That Type" home from the library right now, and I'm not sure Sam and Catherine really understand it. I think they're imagining a computer in the barn. It would be kind of fun to find a typewriter at the DI.

    I have to figure out how to subscribe to this blog. I'm still new to this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥