Political views aside...we live on a beautiful planet.
I feel like loving the earth is part of my soul. I love to dig in the dirt and watch things grow. I get that from my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents.
My great grandfather was the President of the Utah Farm Bureau for 8 years. My favorite quote from his life is "Weeds can be beaten". I really hope that that is true. :)
Both of my parents have worked tirelessly to beautify the land whether it is by working in their garden or planting trees on Blackhawk mountain.
My husband family comes from a long line of conservationists also. His great grandfather was Dr. Clarence Cottam who was Director of the Welder Wildlife Foundation and was famous for his conservation efforts. He also was a mentor for Rachel Carson the author of Silent Spring.
My favorite quote of his is "Nature is, itself, a great story book, continuously open for all to read and learn from, to discover and enjoy."
My favorite quote from Rachel Carson is "If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in."
Also, on a side note, Clarence Cottams brother Walter P. Cottam was the founder of Red Butte Gardens and all of those beautiful oak trees on the U of U campus...their Cottam Oaks. Pretty Cool.
What will my great grandchildren say about me or my children. Hopefully we can contribute something as well.
We live in a beautiful world.


I'm sure your grandchildren will have plenty of wonderful things to say about you! I hope Sarah had a wonderful birthday! I can't believe she is already 9. It seems like yesterday she was running around at mine and Kevins wedding!
ReplyDeleteYou have cute kids!