Sunday, May 16, 2010

He did it!

We enjoyed a little trip this past weekend to Brookings, SD. We stopped on our way in New Ulm, Minnesota and listened to the Glockenspiel. New Ulm is a little town founded by German immigrants and you can definitely tell. They have a large shopping center called the Marketplatz and a large Glockenspiel in the center of town. We didn't have a lot of time to spend there. Someday I would like to go back and find some good German food, but we were limited on time.

We also drove through Walnut Grove, MN. Not too impressed, but maybe you have to go during the Laura Ingalls Wilder days. We didn't really see anything and the kids were engrossed in their DVD so we continued driving.

We checked into our hotel and then I ran my 5k. After my race we enjoyed swimming in the pool at our hotel. Then to bed so Dave could be ready for his race.

We got up early and took Dave to the start line for his Marathon.


I also took a video of the finish and it was really nice. I zoomed in on his time as he ran past the finish, but I also forgot to push record....so just imagine it was awesome and I got a little teary eyed because he had worked so hard and then did 5 minutes better than he thought he would. The announcer said as he ran over the finish "Coming up to the finish line is David Sanderson of Rochester, Mn. He is running this race for his daughters Lily and Sarah and his son Iven Alex." It was so nice. I feel bad I didn't get it for posterity! So here it is in pictures instead.

He finished in 3:05:40. He was 5th overall. 4th in the Men's and 1st in his age group. I was pretty impressed. He won a pair of socks and a plaque. It was so fun. He worked very hard for that time and we couldn't be more proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Fifth place overall. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He rocked that race... SWEET! Way to go Dave.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥