Saturday, May 29, 2010

Med-City Kids Marathon

About 3 months ago Sarah joined the Jefferson Jogging Club at her school.  They get together every Tuesday morning before school and run.  She has really enjoyed it. 

They tracked their miles for the 8 weeks and added any runs they did at home to the tally.  Sarah went each Saturday for a 2-2 1/2 mile run with either her dad or myself.

We had some fun runs together and even got lost one time while trail running in Quarry Hill.  ;)

She completed 25 miles then ran the last 1.2 miles today at the Kids Med-City Marathon.  They each got medals for all of their hard work. 

Sarah enjoyed it so much she wants to continue running with the Jogging Club until school gets out and going on runs with Mom and Dad on Saturdays.  I am pretty proud of my Queenie!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos! Great job, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm breaking my JT rule and putting extended family news in because I just can't pass up some of these photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥