Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm Famous

I tried to quietly run a 5k on Friday before Dave's marathon.  I even told a couple people before it started I am just here to run not to race.  But in the end I did get a little competitive when the walker/sprinter girls kept passing me and then stopping.  ARRRG!!!!  They passed me right at the finish line just to rub it in.  :)  I got over it pretty quickly when to my surprise the next morning I picked up the local paper and I had made front page news.


Yep. That's me.  It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed it.  I am not fast and probably never will be, but I loved running and feeling a sense of accomplishment.  I am a big girl and running doesn't come easy.  It gives me energy to take care of my kids and helps me have time to relax.

I am not sure what Sarah and Alex were doing in this picture.  Sillyness. 

The real highpoint of our trip to Brookings, SD was Dave's marathon.  I will post about it tonight once the kids get into bed and I have some time to myself.

4 comments:

  1. Go Tauna! That's awesome. And a famous front pager as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tauna, and on the front page , that is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tootsie I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm extremely impressed! I only run if something is chasing me with threat of death.

    Front page worthy, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥