Monday, March 7, 2011

An Update on Sarah

We had to take Sarah to the ER yesterday because she was running a high temp of 105 and had a swollen face and head. She had a cold all week and then on Thursday started running a temp that slowly has increased even with Tylenol/Motrin. So yesterday I took her to the ER when we couldn't get her temp down. It was 105.

They did a CT scan and found Acute Sinusitis. It hadn't spread to her brain (which is very good) and there wasn't a blockage (also good), but it was a bad infection and she was put on a very high dose of antibiotics in her IV. They said it was just behind the eye and nose and was close to the brain so they wanted to make sure to started antibiotics quickly.

She is home now and we just have to watch her for any pain and continue with the antibiotics. She woke up this morning with a 105 temp, but we right away gave her some medicine and she is feeling better. The swelling is still there she looks a little funny. We are just watching it closely and hoping she gets better.

She will be fine. She is a tough little kid, but it was a little scary at times. 

3 comments:

  1. How is she tonight? Are you guys getting any sleep? How closely do you have to watch her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is doing a little better her temp is down to 100 and so that is great. She slept really good last night. I think the worst is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea, Tauna! I'm sorry! I'm glad to hear that she's doing better. Let us know if we can help with anything.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you ♥