This week has been a normal week. I am now 25 weeks pregnant and "officially" in the third trimester. I am very excited to have this little baby come. This morning I was putting laundry away and went and sat for a minute in the nursery. I remember doing the same thing before Alex was born and wondering what he would look like, what his personality would be like, and how Sarah would interact with him. Now I find myself wondering the same things about this new little baby.
I read over President Monson's conference talk yesterday and really liked this quote.
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly"
There have been many times in my life that I have not wanted to grow up. I remember holding my little sister in the hammock in our yard and wanting time to stand still. It is the same everyday with my kids. They always make me laugh or my heart ache for them to not grow up. I know they have to and I am sure I will have fun times with them as they get older (I will also get to go to the gym again) :) I do wish however that time could slow down just a little bit.
I too wish time would stand still and I could just hold my babies at this stage forever! I am not excited for them to grow up and move away...I know they are only 3 and 4 months, but I am already dreading it!
ReplyDelete