
For Alex's 2nd Birthday his cousin Hunter gave him a Thomas the Tank Engine "James" with a little coal car. Well this quickly became Alex's favorite engine and he would carry it with him wherever he went. About 2 weeks ago we started noticing that James wasn't around. Only his coal car. Alex would insist on sleeping with the little coal car and began calling it "James". Alex would come and get our hand and try to get us to look for him his little lost engine, but no one has been able to find him. It is so cute and sad.
We have looked everywhere! I even cleaned out the couch looking. :( Not Pleasant. We can't find him anywhere. I did find the remote control in the process of looking. So that was good. I have a sad feeling that he might be outside in a bush or up a rain spout. I need to do a thorough search in the yard. We don't have many warm days left so we better look soon. Poor James could be left outside during a very cold winter.
The good thing that has come from this is that I am getting a lot more organized. Dave and I have cleaned and looked in places that normally we would just pass up.
I have seen the same engine at the store and thought many times about just giving up and making a little boy happy and buying him a new one. He really is too little to learn a lesson from this. We'll see. He might be lost somewhere just waiting for another little boy to love him...
I am sorry he is lost! I know how hard it is when we can't find a toy and Hunter is devasted! It breaks my heart!
ReplyDeleteYour nursery is darling! Kev and I will have to come out sometime and visit after the baby is a few months old and you have a routine. I am so excited for you!!!